Why hello there, thanks for stopping by.. :)
I grew up consuming books at a rapid rate. It wasn't until later years in my life that I realized the power of storytelling not only over me, but all of humanity. I have caught myself spellbound in many a story, both true and fictional. I have traveled on the shoulders of the BFG, looked out onto the Lake of Shining Waters with Anne, pranked the Fish with Bruno and Boots, solved mysteries with the Famous Five and fought off the Romans with Asterix and Obelix. I started this website as a medium to not only share my photographs, but the stories of the people and places I encounter at home here in Hamilton and abroad in my travels. Photography is a hobby that has grown into a passion that I continue to explore. I still hesitate to call myself a photographer! I consider myself an amateur who still has much to learn. Everyday is a new opportunity to explore the world. Join me.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy life through my lens and my pens. ;)
Some things about me:
- Handlettering has grown from something I used to mess around with late at night, to something I can actually give away to people without being embarrassed lol! Follow me on instagram for my lettering adventures!
- I love coffee: aeropress, pourover, drip, you name it.
- I've got alot of love for my hometown.. #hamont!!
- I also have a serious case of wanderlust. I'm usually planning a few trips at any given moment.
- I like the sound of my camera shutter, I like to bike and laugh, preferably at the same time.
- I believe radical love can change the world, but that same radical love will cost you your life - in more ways than one.
- I really like letters and words and typography. Doodles, calligraphy, and fonts.
- I believe every human being is a soul and has their own story.
Let's get in touch!
Who was the original Story Girl?
Sara Stanley is the original Story Girl, a fictitious character from Lucy Maud Montgomery's novel. I've always admired her and have taken her name as a nod to one of my favourite Canadian authors.